Hello everyone this is my first thread.
I started out this business in hopes of making a quick buck. Bought a few domains 39 to be precise, and put them on various websites to start selling them. Here is where the business logic of the domain world comes into play. I learnt a few lessons:
1. Research, research, research. This is probably the most important.
2. Domain name: I don't have much knowledge hence won't comment on this.
3. Marketing: The people who actually buy the domains from a seller are very few. Having a couple of domains and jacking their prices will never guarantee you will make your sale.
4. Markets keep changing: The trend keeps changing. Keep yourself updated with the latest information on the web. This can be anything from news to latest gadgets.
5. Ebay, Sedo & GoDaddy: Will only list your domains with the other million domain names registered. Be patient & try other ways to increase your traffic and thus make a sale.
6. Price: I would just say don't quote too much, you have to make a sale at the end of the day. Good domain names are like stocks they will have their value through the test of time(how ever long the internet survives )
7.Finally have fun. Learn the process, my most valuable lesson is success doesn't come easy, hard work always pays you
I don't mean to disrespect anyone sentiments or opinion. These are just my views.
Oh and I forgot to mention I've a couple of domain names, that I feel are worthy. Message me for further details.
Cheers!! have a good day.